понедельник, 19 января 2015 г.

That's New To Me week 3

Another week of the challenge got us letter V which I combined with string #140 at tanglepatterns.com


Patterns are Verve by JJLaBarbera, Veezley by Sandy Hunter and Vache 1&2 by Genevieve Crabe.




I've decided to combine them with my new watercolor set Simply (Dailer Rowney). I've just bought it and those watercolors are truly awesome. Tried myself at mixing new colors from just the half of the set and I was in ablolute love with them instantly! Beautiful, really, and bright and very saturated.




Here, if you want to look at them closely: White, Coerulean, Ultramarine, Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna and Burnt Umber.




And the mixed ones, I really don't know which names they have, but I know that you can make Teal if you mix Coerulean and Burnt Sienna, and very deep Grey Brown, if you do it the other way ;).




Really, I never even knew before that some colors that I truly love, could be made just by mixing some of those six.

9 комментариев:

  1. Nice tile! I used Vache in my drawing as well. Seems like an easy background filler. About paint mixing--I'm in a "Color Club" now with the local quilt guild and we are learning all about tone, tint, and color schemes.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Thank you! Your Vache inspired me, by the way :) and for the string it seemed that organic shapes woulb be just great, so I used it as well:)
    I've read so much information about colors, but I've neve really tried, you know, to begin mixing it myself. And I have recently started not to try but to draw;), and this experiment felt so really good, like I, idk, like l've created a new life, lol. I started to appreciate higher quality of the media, you know. One can do so mush with really good paints and pencils :)

    ОтветитьУдалить
  3. Beautiful tile, Jack! Vache seems to be the one on everyone's mind, and yours looks great. I love your watercolor. I tend to use all my color work for painting, and then stick to B&W for Zentangle, but I need to push myself in that direction. You have inspired me!

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Thanks! Yeah, Vache is really good choice)) and it has a lot of variations and posibilities and you can use it to draw many things like ice on a river or earth in the lava, i.e.))
      I, too, do tangles mostly in b&w, I love the purity of lines, but those watercolors were so great that I just couldn't resist ;).
      Wish you good drawing!

      Удалить
  4. Great tile. I haven't really experimented with watercolor. Your adventures sound like fun.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  5. the palette is so pleasing to the eye, and I love how the verve sort of curves. That gives it a three dimensional appeal. It is like a quiet pond with little fish in it. So serene to look at.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  6. Great idea to use watercolours.. so unique & different

    ОтветитьУдалить